Solutions for Consumer, Communication & Infrastructure
This segment consists of electronic equipment intended for everyday use and, to a great extent, associated infrastructure technologies. Also included are, for example, Broadcast, Telecom and Datacom markets. Thus, “Consumer, Communication & Infrastructure” has become the largest category in semiconductor sales, and its share is continuing to increase driven by the rise in digitally converged end equipment and its standards because,
- Demand for CE products has exploded over the past decade
- More people are working from small offices and home offices (SOHO)
- Industry standards, such as USB, have become widespread
- Wireless connectivity has been a major demand driver and has increased CE Semiconductor IC developments. This includes Airplay, Wi-FI, Zigbee and many proprietary solutions addressing Multimedia streaming application but also increasing demand in Home Automation market where most of the equipments needs connectivity hence allowing Smart Home control.
- Several new product categories have arrived: Hi-Definition Television (HDTV), Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD), IP Set-Top Boxes (STB) & Media Boxes, Navigation and Global Positioning Systems (GPS), new audio, etc.
- Third party companies (design and production) have become essential in the development process
- Logistics is a key factor for the improvement of cash-flow
Today, we are surrounded by a multi-level convergent media world where all modes of communication and information are continually evolving to adapt to the demands of new technologies, ‘changing the way we create, consume, learn and interact with each other’.Digital convergence can refer to separate technologies such as voice (and telephony features), data (and productivity applications) and video that now share resources and interact with each other synergistically to create new, more efficient products.“EBV Elektronik plays a key role in the development of these products and will continue to invest in this market, delivering state-of-the art technologies from key semiconductor suppliers, and best-in-class logistics, supported by a unified, talented team across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss new business opportunities in your region!”, Bernard concludes.